Earth Day 2021 is a reminder to reflect on our businesses practices to see if we're doing all we can to help the environment. We believe what we do individually has a collective impact on sustaining our communities. Here's some things we've put into place at Heist Insurance Agency, and we'd love to hear some of your ideas and practices too.
- All lighting has been changed to LED lighting in our 5 offices.
- Paper products in the break room have been replaced with dishes, glasses, and silverware.
- The use of digital faxing, filing and mail distribution enables streamlined processing and a virtually paperless work environment. This has been especially important the past year with all employees able to work remotely without missing a beat.
- Recycle bins are used in each office and a shredding truck hired to dispose of paper safely and responsibly.
- Telecommuting by employees allows us to save energy in our offices.
- Reduced commuter traffic by utilizing video conferencing for business meetings; including industry conferences and insurance discussions and reviews with our customers.
These are a few of the changes we have made to make our business eco-friendlier. The benefits extend beyond saving money; we are doing our part to save the environment. Remember to Reduce, Reuse and Recycle!