Condo Unit Owner

Claims Information

Each condominium association is governed by a set of articles or bylaws, which defines among other things an association's specific obligations to carry insurance. This legal document defines what insurance coverage must be carried by the Association, and what is required to be covered by each individual unit owner.


When a loss occurs to your condominium unit, your policy and the condominium’s Master Deed will determine which carrier is responsible.  It’s a good idea to purchase your unit owner policy from the same agent who insures the condominium association, so a claim can be coordinated between the two policies. Your agent must also have a copy of your master deed on file to help facilitate the claim process.


If damage occurs to the interior of your condominium unit, take precautions to prevent further damage to your property, and report the claim to us as soon as possible.